Unsupported photo file type. Please upload the file as a post attachment instead.
You need to be logged in to send an email.
We'll never post without your permission.
Forum Terms & Rules
Discuss Fossils is fully GDPR compliant. When joining, you will enter your name and email which acts as your login. You may also add additional information later via your account login, such as your social network pages, messaging profiles, interests, date of birth (Birthday), which are all entirely optional and allows others to know a bit more about you. These are not asked by default but can be added later if you choose. Your email address and personal details entered on this page are never passed nor stored anywhere else other than on the servers of Discuss Fossils, which is run by Toolbox Inc. We never use your email for marketing. We may use your email to follow up account queries or violations of our rules or reports of abusive posts. In using our services, you agree to give consent that photos uploaded to this website could be used on our social networking sites and within our Deposits Magazine and website, as examples of recently found fossils.
If you agree with the following rules then click on the 'Accept' button at the bottom of the page if not click on the 'Cancel' button.
When you register you are required to give a small amount of information, much of which is optional, anything you do give must be considered as becoming public information.
You agree not to use this forum to post any material which is vulgar, defamatory, inaccurate, harassing, hateful, threatening, invading of others privacy, sexually oriented, or violates any laws. You also agree that you will not post any copyrighted material that is not owned by yourself or the owners of these forums.
You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless this forum and their agents with respect to any claim based upon any post you may make. We also reserve the right to reveal whatever information we know about you in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by yourself.
Although messages posted are not the responsibility of this forum and we are not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever. If you do find any posts are objectionable then please contact the forum by e-mail.
By posting content on this forum you are accepting that you grant full rights to the publication of your message content within the forum and that you cannot later withdraw publication rights, including but not limited to the removal, editing, and/or modifying of the published content.
The Federal Trade Commission's Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) requires that Web Sites are to obtain parental consent before collecting, using, or disclosing personal information from children under 13. If you are below 13 then you can NOT use this forum. Do NOT register if you are below the age of 13.
By registering to use this forum you meet the above criteria and agree to abide by all of the above rules and policies.
To use this forum, you must obey the following terms and conditions or face their account being terminated. We reserve the right to suspend, terminate or edit any members account without prejudice at any given time for any reason.
* All posts are pre-approved before appearing live, this may take up to 24 hours to become visible.
* All posts should be of an earth science nature. Although some chatter is inevitable, we try to encourage members to avoid posts turning into chatter, and will act to remove unrelated posts without prior warning.
* UK Fossils, UKGE and Deposits magazine take NO responsibility for the contents of these posts.
* NO COMMERCIAL POSTS PERMITTED: We DO NOT allow the advertising of products of services on this website, except registered sellers. Any person caught posting such material, will result in their accounts suspended.
* NO PRIVATE SALES PERMITTED: We DO NOT allow the advertising of personal products and services for sale, except registered sellers. This includes books, fossils and equipment.
* NO POSTING OF COMPANY NAMES: This website is funded by UKGE, which costs a great deal of money to maintain and host. We therefore do not allow the posting of company names.
* We DO allow permission for the posting of brand names, where these do not clearly encourage members to buy from a particular source or company, or advertise a particular service or company. Brand names that are permissible are for example PVA, or even UNIBOND PVA which are available from a variety of sources and of which does not in itself encourage to buy from a particular source.
* NO POSTING that encourages reckless collecting or that which goes against location SSSI rules.
* NO WEBSITE LINKS TO COMMERCIAL or AUCTION WEBSITES: Only links to personal or educational websites permitted that do not contain item to sell. This includes personal websites featuring fossils for sale which is also not permitted.
* NO CRITICISM, OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE, CYBER BULLYING or ACCUSATIONS against any individuals, companies or staff at UKGE, UK Fossils and Deposits Magazine can be posted on this board. Should such post be made, your account WILL be terminated without warning. If you have any queries, or complaints against UKGE, UK Fossils or Deposits Magazine, you should contact us directly, where we will do our upmost to resolve any issue raised.
* NO TELEPHONE NUMBERS or EMAIL ADDRESSS allowed: Use Private Messenger to exchange contact details.
* IMAGES AND LINKS TO IMAGES: Must have copyright clearance. We reserve the right to remove any image without reason. UKGE cannot be held responsible for images posted that may breach copyright rules, but will remove any image suspected of breaking copyright rules by request within 24 hours.
* We DO NOT allow photos of sites which are clearly not lawfully accessible to the public.
Smileys & People
Food & Drink
Travel & Places
Please paste your code into the box below: